PLEASE SEND REUNION PHOTOS

Both of us at the Orebank alumni website had planned to take lots of photos of various and random groups of people at the reunion. Here's what actually happened: one of us stayed so busy she didn't take her camera out of the bag. The other took scads of photos - but only of her class.

We would love to post some reunion photos here. If you have some you would like to submit, please contact Nina at orebankers@yahoo.com or Sheri at bolopey1969@hotmail.com

Friday, August 28, 2009

1976-1977 Fourth Grade Class

1st row: Melissa Overbey, Linda Steadman, Nina Slusher, Charlie Lemmons, Pauline (?), Lisa Poff,
2nd row: Jennifer Hilton, Darren Smith, Roger Poore, Jamey Sproles, Tony Sarber, Shirley Powers
3rd row: Joretta Goins, Robin Arnold, Kim Allen, Peggy Mellons, Carolyn Musick, David Malone, Tony West, Mrs. Virginia Spradlin

I remember the SRA reading program, and how I didn't always want to advance to the next level because I didn't like the color of the cards.
I think we were Mrs. Spradlin's first class at Orebank.
It was the year I got glasses and could finally see the blackboard.

If any of my former classmates have other fourth grade memories, please leave a comment!

5 comments:

  1. Since I had already moved away by the time this photo was taken, my memories of fourth grade don't relate all that well here. However, this is the class I was in until 2nd grade and some of the faces are familar. The ones I remember best were Darren Smith, Roger Poore, Nina Slusher and Peggy Mellons. I suppose I remember Daren and Roger because they were my buddies. Peggy and Nina...maybe I was a little sweet on them?? I really don't remember but it is great to see these photos as they bring back some long forgoten memories.


    I did see one photo that I was in from Headstart in '72-73' class. Do you (or anyone) have anymore from the 1st and 2nd grade years of this class? Also would like to see some from the class two years ahead of us, my older sister's class.


    Bob (Bobby) Meade

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have pictures coming in so we'll keep our eye out for one for you. What is your sister's name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby Meade! I remember you! In first grade I vaguely remember a discussion we and some others had about whether or not Santa Claus was real, but I can't remember whether you were a believer or not :o) I wish they HAD made more pictures of us in 1st and 2nd. I'm hoping somebody's mother brought a camera to a class party and we'll end up with a photo or two. I may find one in the 72-73 yearbook with your sister in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister, Delana, was in the class two years ahead of ours.

    I'm sure I was still a believer in the first grade. Some days I still am.

    I noticed in the 7th grade photo Darren Smith wasn't in it. Did he move away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darren moved to a different school district here in town sometime after 4th grade but joined the Scout troop here in Orebank that my husband and my brother were in, and then after he married, he and his family began attending our church. I haven't seen him in a while but he has been one of the few people from grade school that I've seen on even a semi-regular basis. So where are you?
    Could you send me an e-mail at orebankers@yahoo.com?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! If you write one, please leave your e-mail address.